Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Fall into the Fall with SUPA!
- Sunday, November 12 - SUPA Sunday & Arden Fujiwara Workshop
- Arden Fujiwara joins us for a workshop this month concentrating on teaching an instrumental version of Pu'uanahulu. Along the way, he'll cover techniques using multiple fingers and a few other common techniques in Hawaiian music. There will be something for everyone, from beginners to advanced.
- Come join us! Only $15 for the whole day, or just $4 for the ukulele song circle (after 2:15pm). Doors Open at 1:00pm, Workshop 1:15-2:15ish, Ukulele Song Circle 2:30-4:30pm. See you there!
- Sunday, December 3 - SUPA Holiday Potluck, Open Mic, & Ukulele Song Circle
- As we did last year, we're scheduling our Holiday Extravaganza one week early (first weekend) so that you can (1) get your ukulele fun on, and (2) give you the rest of the month for other ukulele and holiday events in your life!
- Join us at the Greenwood Senior Center (525 N 85th St, Seattle, WA 98103 - operated by the Phinney Neighborhood Association), complete with food, open mic, and ukulele song circle, while also celebrating our 15th anniversary (really in January, but we'll mix it all together), also with plenty of parking around the building.
- Potluck - You can come in about 12:30pm to help set up tables, chairs, and food dishes. We don't have kitchen access, but we do have electricity (for crock pots or warmers). Please be "self-sufficient" with your tasty dish (serving spoons/forks, etc.). SUPA will provide cups, plates, and plasticware. We suggest you bring your own beverage, for yourself or to share.
- Open Mic - It's time to show off what you've been working on and share with us! Be sure to sign up when you arrive. We'll start open mic at about 1:00pm, for you to enjoy music while you're eating food, and continue until about 3:00pm.
- Ukulele Song Circle - We'll start the song circle at about 3:00pm and continue for a couple hours. We need to finish by 5:00pm, break down, and clean up (volunteers?!).
All this fun for only $4 (to offset room rental).
- Saturday, December 9: Green Lake Pathway of Lights 2017
- Join SUPA for another year at the Green Lake Pathway of Lights for some ukulele holiday magic! The event is from 4:30-7:30 p.m., rain or shine, and our performance is TBA (stay tuned!).
- The "walk of lights" is lit up by luminaria that line Green Lake's pathway, and usually has as many as 10,000 people. Please wear warm clothes as it gets extremely cold next to the water. We'll have hand and feet warmers available. Stay tuned for more information and music info!
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.