Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
2018 - 15 SUPA Years of Ukulele Fun!
- Sunday, February 11: Jere Canote Workshop & Ukulele Song Circle
- The always-entertaining Jere Canote will conduct a workshop this month just in time for Valentine's Day! Jere's workshops are always a surprise, full of new songs to learn, new strums to try, and lots of interactive singing. This month, Jere will provide insights into playing well with others, performing, and preparing for gigs -- whether on your own, with SUPA, at Folklife, or with others. The workshop is open to all levels of ukulele players. With Jere at the helm, things always get interesting and entertaining. Don't miss it!
- Then stay for the ukulele song circle. In addition to having fun with our song books, we'll continue trying out some traveling songs to evaluate for this year's Folklife performance.
- Doors open at 1:00p for Jere's Workshop. Ukulele song circle from 2:30-4:30p. $15 for the workshop and ukulele song circle. $4 after 2:15.
- Sunday, March 11: Swap Meet, Open Mic, and Ukulele Song Circle
- Join us in March on the first day of Daylight Savings Time for our annual Swap Meet, Open Mic, and Ukulele Song Circle!
- Swap Meet -- anything related to ukulele is welcome (ukuleles, cases, music stands, picks, straps, CDs, aloha shirts, etc.). Got a ukulele you'd like to sell? A case you're not using? Looking to buy "just one more"? Bring it along, and see if it sells.
- Open Mic -- during the Swap Meet, be entertained by your fellow SUPA members. This is a great time to perform a song you've been working on. This is the most supportive group you'll ever perform in front of!
- Following all of this fun is our monthly Ukulele Song Circle. Bring your books, and suggest a song. Doors open at 1:00; swap meet from 1:15 to 4:30; Open Mic from 1:15 to 2:30; Ukulele Song Circle from 2:30-4:30. All this fun for only $4.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.