Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Fall Forward with SUPA!
- Sunday, December 16: AFECT Ferry Cruise
- SUPA and Ukulele friends have been invited again this year to play holiday music on the cruise supporting charities for those with developmental disabilities. The AFECT (Active Ferry Employees Charitable Trust) Holiday Cruise usually has about 700 passengers and cruises Elliott Bay for about 90 minutes. This is one of the most rewarding volunteer events we do each year, and the ukuleles bring so many smiles and so much joy to the passengers.
- The Holiday Cruise, itself, will last approximately 90 minutes. They provide a sack lunch, and we should return to the dock by about 3:30pm. If you have some festive holiday attire, please bring that along. In addition, aloha shirts always work well. We'll be inside, so the temperature should be fine, unless the doors are kept open. Please dress in layers just in case (as is always good advice in the Northwest).
- Here are the details: Arrive to Colman Dock (Pier 52) at around 12:00 noon. Tell the person at the booth that you're with the AFECT Cruise. All cars will be loaded onto the ferry (unlike last year), as parking is scarce and construction is plentiful. Please do your best to carpool with others, as space may be limited. As soon as you're on the ferry, go up to the first deck at the bow, set up, and be ready to start playing while the passengers arrive. The ferry is scheduled to leave at about 1:30-2:00, will cruise the bay for about an hour, and then return.
- We'll be singing from the SUPA 2017 Holiday Songbook, as well as STRUM's holiday book (copies will be provided).
- Sunday, January 13: Arden Fujiwara Workshop & Ukulele Song Circle
- Join SUPA as we start our 16th year of ukulele fun and fellowship! Happy New Year? We'll start off with a workshop with our own Arden Fujiwara with more details to follow!
- Then stay for the Ukulele Song Circle thereafter and enjoy the ukulele sounds of summer. All this fun for $15 (workshop; includes ukulele song circle) or $4 (after 2:15 p.m. for ukulele song circle, only). Doors open at 1:00 p.m.; Workshop from 1:15-2:15 p.m.; Ukulele Song Circle from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Phinney Neighborhood Center (lower brick building).
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.