Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Fall into the Fall with SUPA!
- Saturday, October 7 - Salmon Days
- Join SUPA for a fun afternoon of spreading ukulele joy at the annual Salmon Days in Issaquah. We'll perform on the Go Fish! Stage from 3:30-4:30pm. We'll be doing one set, and music and/or set list will be posted soon. (We'll make selections from the song books.) So bring your ukulele and come play along!
- If you've never performed publically with SUPA before, now's your best opportunity! This is a community stage, usually near some great food booths, and the crowd is always appreciative. Arrive by at least 3:15 (and remember that parking is tough; use the shuttles) in your Aloha attire. See you there!
- Sunday, October 7 - SUPA Sunday & Aaron Crowell Workshop
- We're back at Phinney Neighborhood Association after having fun at the August picnic and September's Live Aloha! Join us on SUPA Sunday for a workshop with Aaron Crowell who runs the popular My Uke 101 web site. Briefly, Aaron will be teaching Hawaiian turn arounds (i.e., vamps), as well as lead playing for all skill levels. You'll get a good dose of alternatives to the standard II7-V7-I vamps that are so familiar. Following the workshop, we'll have our monthly ukulele song circle. And snacks.
- Come join us! Only $15 for the whole day, or just $4 for the ukulele song circle (after 2:15pm). Doors Open at 1:00pm, Workshop 1:15-2:15ish, Ukulele Song Circle 2:30-4:30pm. See you there!
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.