Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Hop in to Spring with SUPA!
- Sunday, May 21: Folklife Rehearsal
- Join us for our last Northwest Folklife rehearsal this Sunday at Phinney (our regular monthly spot). Even if you're not participating in Folklife, you're welcome to join us. It's Neil Diamond! 2:00-4:00pm. Free! See below for details.
- May - Northwest Folklife Festival
- What's better than Neil Diamond? Neil Diamond on ukulele! That's right, our Northwest Foklife theme this year is all about Pop Music's Solitary Man. Visit our Ukenalia! Northwest Folklife Page for more information and details, including the latest version of the song list.
- Sunday, May 21: Folklife rehearsal at Phinney Community Hall from 2:00-4:00pm.
- Monday, May 29: Performance from 3:30-4:00pm in the Exhibition Hall. Same space as the last few years, and again as part of the UKENALIA! Ukulele Showcase, which will run from 3-5pm; the showcase starts with the kids from Thornton Creek Elementary, then SUPA does its Neil Diamond set, and The Castaways rock that big concrete box to wrap it up.
- Sunday, June 11: Workshop & Ukulele Song Circle
- Join us in June for the last of spring ukulele before the dog days of summer arrive (we can only hope!). This month, Matt Dahlberg will teach his ukulele magic in a workshop prior to the ukulele song circle. Always a popular teacher, Matt shares his ukulele talent for all levels, from beginner to professional. Workshop from 1:15-2:30ish.
- Then stay for our ukulele song circle from 2:30-4:30pm. Bring your books, request a song, or jump up to the front and help us lead! Workshop from 1:15-2:30ish, $15 (includes everything). Ukulele song circle only (after 2:15) $4.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.