Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Summer Ukulele Fun!
- Sunday, August 12: Ukuleles in the Park
- Join us for our annual picnic at Ravenna Park (Shelter #1). Ukuleles, barbecue, open mic, and much more fun for an all-day event.
- Where: Ravenna Park picnic shelter #1located at 2000 NE 58th St in Seattle. (PDF Map)
- When: 10:00am to evening. Several of us get there by about 9:30-10:00 with some coffee and donuts. Barbecuing starts about 11:30-ish (SUPA supplies the charcoal). Open mic begins about noon, and the ukulele song circles starts thereafter.
- Open mic: Everybody is welcome to participate in the open mic. Be sure to sign up when you arrive. We'd love to hear what you're working on or rehearsing! Remember, this is an "unplugged" event as no application is allowed in the parks
- Picnic: SUPA provides the charcoal, utensils, plates, cups, and plasticware. Bring your own entree and/or side dish. Sharing is fantastic! There may or may not be a burn ban, so check the Current Status
- Sunday, September 9: No SUPA Ukulele Song Circle
- Traditionally, we've been on hiatus in September to participate and perform at Live Aloha Festival at the Seattle Center on the second Sunday. Stay tuned for details. And if you need your ukulele fix, check out the community calendar, below.
- Sunday, September 9: Live Aloha Festival
- SUPA has been invited back again this year to perform at the Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival at the Seattle Center. SUPA will perform on the Mural Amphitheater stage from 11:00-11:45 a.m. The music will be all material from our books, a mix of Hawaiian, hapa-haole, and pop songs. You can download a PDF of the music: LiveAloha-2018.pdf. Come join us! Wear aloha attire, and arrive at the stage around 10:30 a.m.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.